Wednesday, 30 April 2014

30th April - Duck Find

I managed to reach a point where I'd done enough of the outstanding tasks that I'd set myself this morning to take an hour out around lunchtime. Having already managed to saturate one pair of boots on the morning dog walk between home and Longhirst (singing Yellowhammer and three Common Whitethroats) I was keen to avoid further dampness so opted for the Spital end of Newbiggin where I could mostly keep to paths.

A very quiet hour with no obvious migrants lots of birds, mainly Linnets, Goldfinches and the odd Pied Wagtail.

On the way home I made a brief but productive stop near Ashington and found a pair of Garganey feeding actively, my first of the year and a new addition to the '10km from home list'.


1 comment:

Simon C. said...

Hmmm, a "10km from home" list eh? now there's something I hadn't considered before.....


NO. MUST. RESIST. LISTING. URGE......

AAaaggghhhh