Saturday, 15 September 2012

Cup Final

I was invited south of the Tyne this morning as my nephew had a football cup final and brother wanted some pictures of the occasion. London may have had a fabulous Olympics but they couldn't have picked a better day, glorious sunshine at the Monkton Stadium, Jarrow, apparently home to the former announcement system of British Rail.

Down there with a camera I came over a bit 'Lethbridge' ( albeit with a third of the talent) and started papping a few of the crowd too, so excuse the complete lack of birds in this post it won't happen too often, just enjoy some snaps from a pleasant morning, nephew's team won, 4-1 I think, so the result went the right way, for us at least. Kids and families enjoyed it though I was a little disappointed to learn that we arrived after the two dad scuffle that apparently occurred during one of the earlier matches, missed photo opportunity there.
















5 comments:

Pete Woodruff said...

Some pretty smart camera work here Alan, never mind no birds....Great Stuff.

Alan Tilmouth said...

Thanks Pete.

Wanstead Birder said...

Cameras are not just for birds! Very nice, I like the bottom one with the team reflected in the trophy.

Anonymous said...

I was at the match, my son plays with Liam. Great pictures.

Unknown said...

Fantastic pics Alan. You should focus more on sporting occasions in the future.... Yours truly, the younger brother!