Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Turtle Dove Updates

It appears that all three companies including Roxtons have removed advertising of trips to Morocco to shoot Turtle Doves from their websites. Roxtons added the following statement to their website yesterday:

Turtle Doves: Thank you for your posts and comments. The trips have been removed from our website and we are investigating this issue urgently.

 Whilst this is to be welcomed, we should remain vigilant to anything reappearing in the future.

3 comments:

Pete Woodruff said...

Had an e-mail from Roxtons giving me the same info as described here....quote 'trips have been removed from our website and we are investigating the issue urgently'....and giving me the same feelings as yourself Alan....CAUTIOUS is the keyword here, as ever time will tell.

Stringer said...

I have spoken to RSPB who seem on the case with this issue too....

I have been assured action is being taken, still waiting to hear exactly what they are doing/have done regarding this though.

I'll keep you posted....

The Urban Birder said...

I'm happy that they have all removed their offending shooting holidays and I praise them for reacting so quickly.

I just can't believe that they thought that they could get away with it. They couldn't have genuinely not known, surely?