Sunday, 20 May 2012

Red-backed Revisited

Early out to Newbiggin hopefully to catch up with Friday's Red-backed Shrike to try and get some better images. Three Wheatears on the golf course and a good smattering of Whitethroats with 6-8 along the Ash Lagoon. No sign as I went north I had more luck on the return journey as I came across the shrike again in virtually the same spot Andy and I had seen it skip across in front of us from on Friday. Better prepared this time I skirted about keeping low and managed a good 15 minutes watching and the chance to have a go with both camera and phone scope.


Later I walked from Druridge Pools to East Chevington, six or seven Wheatears in the dunes, a Cuckoo at East Chevington and a drake Garganey from the Budge Screen the highlights as well as a couple of photogenic Swallows.


 

1 comment:

Andrew Hodson said...

Great second photo of the RBS framed by that arching bramble.

Andrew