Thursday, 29 March 2012

Snip Pets

Those of you enthusiastic about your Ornithosia may well lament the lack of moth bloggage emanating from me and whilst I'm not trapping this year, fear not, I am simply biding time till the twins are in the grasp of the education system and I have a little more time to catch moths do the housework. I will however drop in the occasional morsel such as the Early Thorn that flipped through the open window as I worked last night and over-nighted in the fridge. (The image is from last year).

This morning viz mig from the desk has produced 4 Common Buzzards (the two local breeding pairs) at least two Sparrowhawks  and three Skylarks over southwest. My 'garden' Chiffchaff has, after 3-4 days of odd singing ' cheep chiffy chiffy chiffy chiffy, cheep cheep chiffy chiffy chiffy' reverted (or found?) its true identity and is today singing Chiff and Chaff in the proper order, or has it been usurped?

2 comments:

Johnnykinson said...

That's one nice image.

Codders said...

Alan,

As soon as I saw that you had 1 comment with a Moth Pic I knew it would be Mr Kinson, a naked moth or dragon fly and he is a fan for life.

John