Thursday, 7 July 2011

Knot the News

I crept to the coast with Cory's on my mind at some ridiculous hour this morning before work. I left after an hour convinced of a Cornish/Irish conspiracy to pummel us into submission with their incredible counts. Kittiwakes are nice though and I saw quite a few this morning.
With an hour to spare and a high tide I headed for the staithes wader roost which held a single summer plumaged Knot, my first of the 'autumn'. Emails later in the day suggested a small arrival with four also at East Chevington.
Castle Island continues to be attractive to a single Black-tailed Godwit.
Post-work another hour staring at a dark sea with some impressive rainstorms over Newcastle and Durham. A marginal improvement on this morning produced two Arctic Skuas north and four Whimbrel south.

1 comment:

ebirder said...

Hi Alan,

I've added you to my blogroll

Cheers, Marcus

http://ebirder.wordpress.com/