Saturday, 7 May 2011

The Birds

Just in case anyone thinks I've gone completely moff given the last couple of posts and the new header this post is a short ornithological interlude. After work late afternoon I darted around a few local ponds and then Castle Island which turned out to be the most productive site as an unseen calling Greenshank was all I could muster elsewhere.
Two smart looking Little Ringed Plovers at the east end of the island along with three Common Sandpipers, and single Dunlin and Ringed Plover was the assembled wader throng. Seven Goosanders at the west end and four Swifts (still the only place I've seen Swifts this year) added minor interest and I counted the Shelduck too but you're not interested in that.

1 comment:

Stewart J said...

Stunner of a photo Alan. First Swifts here in the far west this afternoon.