Thursday, 17 February 2011

Just Rolling With The Rocks

I used a free day today to do a little recce for the Water, Wildlife & Walking Tour that I'm launching in partnership with Serenity Farne Island Boat Tours. I've posted a summary of the day on the Bird North East site so I won't repeat everything here. Not a huge amount on offer in Feb but the rocks north and south of Dunstanburgh were a bit of a Rock Pipit hot spot with at least six birds present. Loads of interaction at high tide, one or two typically dark petrosus and a couple that if they had a ring on might just be seen again across the other side of the North Sea in 6-8 weeks time. Whilst the light was a bit shit the high tide held them in a neat little section of beach with some typically feisty jousting and interaction, I just love this species, full of character.





No comments: