Sunday, 12 December 2010

Impressed

Back at the end of November I took a call whilst working from an observer out in the field in Cumbria wanting to report some Brambling. The observer in question had a decent flock for the UK at Talkin Tarn of c.2000 individuals. I was impressed. I saw this video tonight on Birdforum and was even more impressed. This is a wintering flock in the Basque country in Northern Spain about a week ago.




The estimate for this flock is c.1million individuals, some sight.

5 comments:

Killy Birder said...

OK, I don't suppose anyone wants to hear about the one I had in my garden last week then? :-)
Cheers. Brian.

alan tilmouth said...

No and the photos of my four from mid-week are staying firmly under wraps!

Stewart said...

A million used to winter regularly in Switzerland some years back too....

alan tilmouth said...

Feeding on Beechmast apparently (these ones).

Drew said...

We get similar sized flocks of red-winged blackbirds and American Robins around here. It's always an impressive sight to see that many birds.