Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Satisfaction

We all need aims and ambitions. As a young boy I wanted to play for Newcastle United, I was never going to be good enough despite the U11 League Championship win. In my late teens I wanted to be Keith Richards, my tone-deafness proved a barrier. The last couple of years nibbling at the edges of writing and birding and trying to find a way to use them to support a family, I have had many less lofty aims. As a blogger I've long held 10000birds in high esteem as the standard bearer for birding blogs everywhere, that's why I'm allowing myself to feel a tiny sense of achievment this morning at this.
Now where's that guitar....

4 comments:

Steve Gale said...

Congratulations Alan. As for your Newcastle United ambitions, I reckon that when Andy Carrol gets found out, or sold, you might be in with a chance.

alan tilmouth said...

Sadly Steve that will never happen, my boots are well and truly hung up. The nearest I managed, at the age of 30, was a goal in front of a huge crowd of nearly 50 at Croft Park (home of Blyth Spartans) in an inter-factory competition.

The Liverbirder said...

Alan - your team are more likely to do well compared with my lot at Anfield.

You are very welcome to guest on my blog, just let me know!!

I had a good chat with Andy McL on a rainswept Snab Point earlier this week about the R-n Grebe/Slav Grebe differences. As ever, he was interesting, informative and entertaining.

John Hague said...

Congratulations Alan.

According to my mate, after Saturday's capitulation you might be in line for a debut for Blyth!