Monday, 19 July 2010

Let There Be Sound!

Did you miss me? You're in for a treat tonight. I've spent any spare time I've had fiddling about with recording software, MP3 conversion software, hosting software and given my main laptop a little spring clean. So whilst this will no doubt prompt the rapid drawing in of air between teeth in many a back bedroom here's a podcast. Yes now as well as reading some of the rubbish I write you are going to be able to kick back and listen to my smooth tones (who am I kidding) from the comfort of your favourite chair. Give it a whirl leave me a comment when you stop laughing, though I hasten to point out if it's funny it would be ironic as that as ever was the furthest thing from my mind.

6 comments:

thedrunkbirder said...

Nice one mate - I've been thinking about this sort of thing for ages now so well done for actually doing it.

Will you be at Birdfair? I'll be there Friday and Saturday (working a few hours on Sat).

Bryan Rains said...

That's very good, Alan. I'm not going to knock it and I'm sure you have some success with this. Maybe a post with just photos and you giving a commentary of how it all came about?
Good luck with the podcasts:-)

alan tilmouth said...

John/Brian,

Thanks for the comments I'll add you to my list of 'interviewees' ;)

Not sure about Birdfair yet his year John.

Anonymous said...

You've got a great site site here. Remarkably your pod cast was the first pod cast I've every listened to! The additional variety of media with the pod cast does add something positive to the site.I thought the goldfinch anecdote was the best bit.
I'm really posting this to you as a word of encouragement, keep up the good work.
Bests,Eric

Martin Kitching said...

Yelkouan Shearwater - I had a probable past Sharpness Point, Tynemouth, 12 years ago. The CRC said that the description was a bit lacking for a 1st for Britain :-) Never mind, when one flies past one of our pelagics this year there'll be so many SLRs and camcorders on board...

Don't worry about not having a voice for radio Alan, you've got the face for it ;-)

Terry said...

Nice one Alan! And, prompted by your podcast number 2, I am going on to Defra's website right now to let them know what I think..! :-)