I'm in danger of getting out of synch with a backlog of moths to id and stacks of material from today's little foray so I'll put up this partial post and add the balance of it as soon as I've managed to work my way through the seemingly endless list of moth species.
Three new moths on Thursday/Friday, none as big and bold as Stewart managed but all three new for me in the garden.
First one in and identified is (I think) a Streamer, another lively exit resulting in an in jar image only.
1747 Streamer Anticlea derivata
There was another Shoulder Stripe in the catch but next one out was another new one for the garden, having spent some time searching through images I reckon this is a Small Phoenix. (As always corrections are welcomed as I am new to this).
Small Phoenix Ecliptopera silaceata
Then one of the moths I've been dreading a PUG, the id on these looks a nightmare to me at the moment, combined with low quality images due to the flightyness. This onewas therefore a tentative Dwarf Pug,a quick check of the comments will let you know that at least I got the tentative bit right for the pug with this one now reidentified as Mottled Pug. Though in my defence there must be a great deal of individual variation on some of these pugs when you compare images, look here.
Mottled Pug Eupithecia exiguata exiguata
So total catch 4 moths (biggest so far) and 4 species