Thursday, 29 April 2010

Wood Warbler

Back into the woods this morning specifically looking to photograph woodland summer visitors such as Redstart, Pied Flycatcher and possibly the most elusive in Northumberland Wood Warbler. Not having kept self-found records before this year my memory is hazy as to whether I've ever actually found one before, I know that I've seen them but perhaps always in the company of others. This male was singing both ways intensely whilst I was in the woodland, occasionally singing in flight between perches.
A Garden Warbler embedded deep within a rotund Hawthorn as I walked back to the car steadfastdly refused to show more than an undertail covert to the camera but was the second self found addition for the morning bringing my self found year list to 136 so far.



3 comments:

Newton Stringer said...

Thats a GREAT bird !! Always a good day when you see one of them !!

Stewart said...

Nice pics Alan. They used to nest 100 yds from my back door at Stobswood. I ringed the young! And only 3 miles from Druridge too....

alan tilmouth said...

Dead right Stringer lovely bird. Like so much else Stewart and the scary thing is it aint getting any better.