Tuesday, 6 April 2010

It's All Gone Quiet

More birders than birds this morning down at the coast with all sorts of shenanigans involving clandestine meetings with boxes of moths being driven in from secret inland locations for alleged ID. After having the opportunity of adding Barnacle Goose to the Self  Found snatched by NF almost on my doorstep a day or two ago, Tim Dean whipped another from under my nose this morning.
I'd stopped as I passed the Cresswell Car Park in order to reverse back when a local photographer arrived and we briefly blocked the whole road during the morning rush hour, TD strolled across and delivered the devastating 'Have you seen the LRP?" before I could stop him. Consolation didn't even arrive with good pictures, concious of not flushing it, it was never going to be top drawer. (Tom you can have a print for a fiver, one off never to be repeated discount, just for you)

North of the causeway with as TD highlighted not the brightest eye ring ever to be seen on a Little Ringed Plover, a smart White Wagtail nearby flirted with the local yarrelli.

I forgot to mention the 176 Jackdaws I counted yesterday whilst looking for nominate race individuals, thrilling.

Little Ringed Plover, Cresswell, (possibly engaged in Line Dancing Display)

No comments: