Saturday, 6 February 2010

Larking About

Inspiration in the Internet enabled age is never far away. In common with almost everyone who has a passion for the natural world I prefer to be out in the field but as we all know it is simply impossible to put aside life's other little cares such as family and work entirely.
I was fired up again recently when I stumbled across Mark Fellowes blog and his images using skulls and books which I think deserve a wider audience. As a novice photographer I continue to be in awe of people who can conceive and capture such beautiful images that convey more meaning than I could ever pour into a blog post.
Getting such enjoyment from his images has strengthened my resolve to continue to put effort into improving the images I take and experimenting more this year. I may never produce a set of images that have the depth and imagination of Marks but I can have fun trying.


Skylark

1 comment:

Mark Fellowes said...

Hi Alan

Hugely chuffed by your comments! I like your images - especially the first one. Sometimes just taking a slightly different perspective pays off. One of the problems with the web is that images can lose their impact on screen - a big print with all the subtleties of tone and detail is what's needed!