Saturday, 10 October 2009

Radde Typical

I could witter on for a while on a variety of subjects to cover up the total lack of birds at Newbiggin today. A male Blackcap was the highlight of my passerines despite the presence from early of messrs Mcelwee and Steele their usually all conquering rarity attracting pheromones pulled in nothing more than a Ring Ouzel.
The sea wasn't much better with a couple of Great Skua & Arctic Skua, small numbers of Red-throated Diver and single Scaup and Velvet Scoter.
Iain deserves his catch so I'll shut up and have an early night.

Obviously what I should have done was used this which would have confirmed I had no chance of finding anything rarer than a Brambling anywhere in the UK today.

1 comment:

Birding about Northumberland said...

Hi Alan
I have just voted for your Greenshank photo for the October Callender, real nice image
Michelle