Monday, 10 August 2009

Holy Island/Budle Bay

After a meeting in Edinburgh I resisted the temptation to go to Aberlady in search of Lesser Yellowlegs and headed to Holy Island instead for a quick wander around The Snook. Not much in the way of birds with two Stonechat and a single Wheatear in Snook House Garden the only worthy candidates for inclusion. A few Common Blue around the dunes, all female.

Common Blue, female.
I did find one or two plants of interest including this Grass-of-Parnassus which is a lovely little moisture loving late summer bloomer.
Grass of Parnassus.
Also some Harebell including the less common white variety, delicate little things they brought a splash of colour to the dunes.




Harebell.
I nipped over to Budle Bay before heading home, single Ruff and Greenshank on an incoming tide were all I could manage the Greenshank doing a flyby for me offering a flight shot.

Greenshank.

And that was that, so if you'll excuse me I'm off to pick the PiriPiri out of my socks and boots.




1 comment:

Joel said...

This was very intresting Dad I really like it very much I liked the writing and what you had written.

Love Joel