Tuesday, 7 April 2009

More Tit Action

Small children sleeping, six year old fully focused on mammoth Lego project I took the opportunity to try and take some pics of the Bumblebees feeding on a flowering Blackcurrant in the garden. I think I'll stick to frogs. I think we had six individuals from two species floating around the bush but boy are they awkward to try and pin down. I haven't had a chance to fiddle with the pics yet so I'll post anything that looks remotely black and yellow as soon as I have. I think we had one Early Bumblebee and several Buff-tailed Bumblebee today.
Whilst out clarting about with the bees I kept hearing Long-tailed Tits calling from the scrub over the fence and from the Willow beyond the purnd. Later doing dishes I watched a pair moving around from the Willow up the treeline in my garden and feeding on insects (?) from the early Blackberry leaves. They kept zipping back beyond the Willow into the corner of a neighbour's garden that's overgrown. Perhaps they'll nest, maybe I can do daily reports on urban fringe Long-tailed Tits. They are a step up from Blue Tits and Collared Doves.
Oh and in case you think my titles are schoolboy humour, think again, I derive immense pleasure from the thought that some sad git who is trying to find Tits on line gets to read about my 'wildlife'. Think of it as missionary work.

No comments: