Sunday, 30 March 2008

Unusual Road Records

As much of my birding is done from the car, between home and work, or whilst out delivering I often come across roadkill and have many flyovers. In fact the White Stork over the A1 should have been mine the amount of time I spend on the road, Mr Mclevy should start putting on the lottery picking up a bird like that from the comfort of his armchair.
Anyway I digress, Ive had a couple of records one yesterday and one day slightly unusual. Yesterday I noted what looked like a roadkill Cormorant on the A189 road bbridge over the River Blyth, on the northbound side. I bet whoever hit that got a bit of a fright.
Today a Great Spotted Woodpecker flying inland from Amble Braid, the location being slightly unusual at this time of year I would have thought.

No comments: